We are always looking for new members to join Salford Harriers whatever their running ability. If you are interested in joining, come and try us out at one of our training sessions for a few weeks to see how you get on. Once you are happy to join, simply complete the application form below and either post it to the address on the form or hand it in on one of the training nights. Registration fees can be paid in cash, cheque (Made payable to Salford Harriers) or via bank transfer.
Once registered you will be able to compete for Salford Harriers in regional and national races (Road Relays, Cross Country etc..) and be eligible to receive the £2 discount on race entry fees.
If you are currently a member of another club registered with England Athletics, from January 11th 2017 you will need to complete the new online form which is available via the 'athlete portal' in order to transfer over to Salford Harriers. This replaces the old paper application form.
The new process will be
1. Log in to your athlete portal www.englandathletics.org/myprofile using your own URN (England Athletics Number) and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can use the request function found under the password box.
2. Once logged in to the athlete portal, click on the “Club Transfer” tab found on the left-hand side of the screen. This will bring up the “First claim club transfer” screen. This will show any existing or previous club transfers.
3. To start the change of club application, click on the “start new transfer” button.
4. Enter the name of the new club you are transferring to in the relevant space and enter any comments you wish to send to your club you are wishing to leave. Once both boxes are completed, click the box in the bottom left-hand corner once you have read and agreed with the terms and conditions for the transfer. If exempt from payment (U15’s & those returning after 3 years) you will be taken to the transfer complete screen.
5. Billing Information. Please complete the marked boxes for the address your payment card is registered to and then click the “review and pay” button.
6. Review your details are correct on the next screen and check the confirmation box in the bottom left-hand of the screen and then click on the “go to payment” button to proceed to the next screen.
7. Select your payment method and enter the request card details. Once entered click on the “Pay £10.00 now” button and complete your change of club transfer.
A club transfer complete screen will appear giving details of the next stage of the process and contact details for England Athletics. You will be kept informed on the progress of your application by email.
Change of clubs involving other home countries
If you are carrying out a change of club in one of the other home countries please using the following pages/ forms:
Scottish Athletics: http://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/athletes/
Welsh Athletics: http://www.welshathletics.org/athletes/athlete-transfers--forms.aspx#Athletes%20Transfers
Northern Ireland Athletics: http://athleticsni.org/download/files/Info-AthleteTransferForm.pd
If you are transferring from one of the above Home Nations to England Athletics, then you will need to contact us at Eligibility@englandathletics.org.
Complete and forward your applications to the respective governing bodies.
If you have any questions about transferring to us, please email email@example.com
Anyone interested in purchasing any of the club kit needs to get in touch with Roe Bowness. You can buy kit either on a thursday night at FC United or you can contact Row via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a very limited amount of merchandise left and if anyone with any ideas on what sort of kit they would like him to order and provide he has asked for your thoughts and ideas.
Currently we have Men's vests and Women's vest and crop tops. We also have some unisex jackets in stock too.
More kit is on its way and an update will be given soon.